You have no items in your shopping cart.
10 Tips for using Step Ladders
28 July 2015 18:23:12 GMT
- Do not overreach from step ladders – Three points of contact should be maintained with the step ladder at all times. For two hands free working consider investing in Podium Steps
- Don’t use step ladders outside in bad weather – The risk of slipping or falling is much greater in inclement weather.
- Make sure it’s set up correctly – Ensure it is fully open and level before use, ensuring all catches and braces are locked in place and the platform is fully down if applicable.
- Don’t use your step ladders as a work platform – They are designed for working vertically, for jobs that require you to move side to side invest in a work platform.
- Always read the label – Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using a step ladder.
- Don’t stand on the top step – Unless using platform steps, the top step on swingback step ladders should never be stood on.
- Don’t rest it on other objects – Never place your step ladder on top of items such as boxes or chairs to gain height.
- Domestic, Trade or Industrial? – For business use step ladders must meet BS EN131 at a minimum, for heavier duty use consider investing in Class 1 Industrial Step Ladders
- Use Fibreglass Step Ladders when working near electricity – to reduce the risk of electric shocks
- Always place step ladders on a firm surface – Ensure the ground is firm and not slippery to avoid the ladder falling over.