<p>Important note: We no longer stock Zarges products, this page is for informational purposes for past customers only
The product userguide can still be found here
ZAP Telescopic Work Platforms
ZAP Telescopic Work Platforms offer a safe and convenient way to work at height.
The ZAP Telescopic Work Platforms are designed to close the gap between ladders and scaffolds: they offer a comfortable, large platform, are fast to be deployed and offer compact storage and transport dimensions.
Available in 4 sizes from the MINI ZAP through the ZAP 1 and ZAP 2 all the way up to the GIANT ZAP.
- Platform heights
- 0.81 / 1.00 / 1.34m for the Mini ZAP
- 1.00 / 1.30 / 1.60 / 1.80m for the ZAP 1
- 1.30 / 1.60 / 1.80 / 2.10 / 2.40m for the ZAP 2
- 1.80 / 2.07 / 2.34 / 2.61 / 2.88 / 3.15m for the Giant ZAP
- Giving a maximum working height of 5.15m for the largest model
- Large standing platform - 665 mm × 440 mm, with integral guard rail, knee rail and toe boards.
- Easy to operate - Rung by rung height adjustment based on push-up ladder principle.
- Very stable – Due to extendable stabilisers on one side and horizontal stabiliser bar on the other. The ZAP complies with EN 131 without stabilisers thanks to crosspieces on both sides. With swung-out stabilisers it is stable according to the requirements of BGI 637.
- Very easy to erect - handrails and guard rails are automatically unfolded during erection.
- Tray – Large tray for tools and small parts.
- Aluminium stile guides – With plastic inserts ensure smooth handling during height adjustment.
- Compact dimensions when folded - Therefore easy to transport and store.
- High-strength – Due to a special connection between rungs and stiles.
- Highly mobile - Can be easily pushed thanks to pair of wheels, even when erected.
- Standards - BGI 637 & EN 131, 150 kilo rating.
|No. of Sections||No|
|No. of Treads||No|
|Open Height (m)||No|
|Max. footprint (m)||No|
|Footpoint, stabiliser rod retracted L x W (m)||No|
|Folded Down (with wheels) (m)||No|
|Folded Down (without wheels) (m)||No|
|Platform Height (m)||No|
|Closed Length (m)||No|
|Extended Length (m)||No|
|2-Part Extended Length (m)||No|
|Working Height (m)||No|
|3-Part Extended Length (m)||No|
|Stabiliser Bar Width (m)||No|
|Stile Dimensions (mm)||No|
- Scaffold Tower Review – Zarges ZAP Telescopic Work Platform
Working with a scaffolding tower is much safer than working with a common house ladder, especially for house repairs or renovation tasks. The risk for accidents will be reduced since the platforms can carry enough weight not only of people but even of materials and tools on board.
Quality of product Performance / ease of use Value for money
Scaffold towers are crucial accessories for industrial and domestic needs. Important considerations on choosing a work platform and scaffold tower include easy installation and disassembly as well as the stability of the structure. If you are searching for a high-quality scaffold tower, please read on to learn about the Zarges Zap Telescopic Work Platform.
Basically, the Zarges ZAP Telescopic Work Platform is designed to narrow the gap between scaffolds and ladders. This platform is comfortable, easy to erect, and spacious at 665 mm x 440 mm. It also has a knee rail, guard rails, and toe boards.
Work platforms are safer than ladders particularly for complicated tasks. The Zarges Zap telescopic work platform is durable, versatile, flexible, and easy to use. The most significant feature of this tower is that it has passed the standard kilo rating for EN131, 150 and BGI637, which means that the work platform can be used safely for certain load limits. Because of the added stabilisers and special connection between stiles and rungs, this telescopic work platform is very stable and highly durable. This working platform is also easy to operate, since rung by rung height adjustment can be done based on the idea of push-up ladder.
Another great feature of the Zarges Zap telescopic work platform is its compact feature. It can be downsized into compact folds, so it is easy to load in your car and carry it anywhere. It is also possible to add more platforms if you want extra centimetres. Meanwhile, guard rails and hand rails are instantly unfolded during assembly. (Posted on 13/07/2014)